Category Archives: AI
Correlator showcases our ability to locate and classify entities in text, and to sort them by relevance with respect to a query. You can learn more about it in different places:
- blog post: Correlator launching today
- blog post: What is Correlator?
- some scientific papers on the technology behind Correlator:
- Hugo Zaragoza , Henning Rode , Peter Mika , Jordi Atserias , Massimiliano Ciaramita and Giuseppe Attardi Ranking Very Many Typed Entities on Wikipedia CIKM’07 (poster).
- D. Vallet, H. Zaragoza. 2008. Inferring the Most Important Types of a Query: a Semantic Approach. SIGIR 2008 (poster).
- our Semantically Annotated Snapshot of Wikipedia .
I wrote a simple page that produces a picture of a thing: http://www.zaragozas.info/hugo/vocab1.php
It uses DBPedia to find a the infobox of a wikipedia entity and query for its picture.
It works very nicely in some examples. Try: wine, peach, “Karl Marx”, woman, dog, fear, swimming…
It also fails on many others. Try: green, war,
And the picture is not what you expect sometimes. Try notebook, apple…
In my opinion having services such as these is very important, not because they bring us closer to AI or knowledge, but because they bring us closer towards the many brick walls separating us from them!